Sibstar wins big in the Den!

TamsinT

Staff Member
Staff member
Sep 26, 2022
Text on black background reading Sibstar and then BBC Dragons Den. Below this is a cartoon image of a blonde woman with an amazed expression, with a bubble saying Wow!

Jayne Sibley, one of our successful Accelerator Programme Partners, was brave enough to enter Dragons’ Den, and came out with a £125K investment. In fact, Jayne, who created Sibstar, a debit card and mobile app that helps people living with dementia and their families to safely manage everyday spending, delivered a pitch that was so compelling, she secured the backing of two of the UK’s most successful businesswomen, Sara Davies and Deborah Meaden.

We first met Jayne back in 2019 when she applied and won a place on our Accelerator Programme. At that point Sibstar was just an idea on a piece of paper, but we knew from day one that Sibstar was a great idea and had every faith that Jayne would deliver on her strong idea.

So we couldn't be prouder of Jayne and her team in securing this investment and support from the infamous dragons. It is a huge credit to what she has achieved so far, and with Sara and Deborah onboard, we will together be able to help more people living with dementia to remain financially included, independent and live life the way they choose for as long as possible.

Jayne says: “Going into the Dragons’ Den was a hugely emotional experience. I founded the business after experiencing my own parents’ struggles with money as their cognitive abilities declined. I had to open up about some very difficult times, but the Dragons were very supportive and empathetic.

“Securing investment from both Sara and Deborah means the world to me. Not only have two of the most successful female entrepreneurs in the country recognised the potential in my company, but their input and endorsement can only serve to make financial services more accessible for underserved groups in our society.”

Jayne Sibley and Marty Orton, co-founders of sibstar, on the Dragons Den set.

Posted on behalf of the Alzheimer's Society innovation team.

mdr107

Jun 8, 2016
I was surprised, and a bit disappointed, that their App didn’t have the Alzheimer’s flower on it, nor did they repeat their promise to donate 7.5%? of profits to you..

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Brilliant result for this entrepreneur. and great to have an app that does make financial matters safer for those with dementia. Well deserved . :)

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Brilliant result, I really hope that more people get to know about the card and that it helps their loved ones to be more independent and retain a sense of dignity and self worth.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Brilliant result, I really hope that more people get to know about the card and that it helps their loved ones to be more independent and retain a sense of dignity and self worth.
You should check out the other thread ‘Sibstar debit card on Dragon’s Den. Some different opinions.