Research for dementia services for family caregivers

KomalP

Apr 7, 2024
Hi everyone,

I along with my fellow teammates from the Royal College of Art and Imperial College London are working towards helping caregivers on their journey while caring for their loved ones going through dementia.

This project comes from a personal space of having to witness it for my parents and how helpless they have been at times when they didn't know who to reach out to through their journey. A few years back my grandpa was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and that slowly and gradually changed the lives of my parents completely.

We are trying to build an application/online platform to help family caregivers access emotional and functional support.
It would really help this project if you could answer some of the questions we had.

1. What kind of information helped/would have helped at the time of AD diagnosis?
2. Where do you go for AD and care-related information?
3. Who are the people you’d want to speak to for emotional and mental support? At what point do you need this support?
4. During which day-to-day care-related activities do you feel stuck/overwhelmed? What kind of support would help?
5. What are small breaks/things you do to rest while caring daily?
6. What kind of help would allow you to take more breaks?

If there are other aspects of your caregiving experience you would want to share and talk about, please let us know. We appreciate all your help.

yoy

Jun 19, 2022
I don't wish to sound rude, but I've found this forum one of the best ways to find information and support, so not sure I would take the time to look at two, but I wish you well.

KomalP

Apr 7, 2024
I don't wish to sound rude, but I've found this forum one of the best ways to find information and support, so not sure I would take the time to look at two, but I wish you well.
Sure, Thank you for your response. Highly appreciate it.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
I have to say, whilst your project subject is admirable, I have to agree with @yoy . This forum has helped me through the end of life of my own dear Mum, and I have continued to receive support, and also give support since her passing. I wouldn't need or require a separate online platform for emotional or practical support. Sorry.

KomalP

Apr 7, 2024
I have to say, whilst your project subject is admirable, I have to agree with @yoy . This forum has helped me through the end of life of my own dear Mum, and I have continued to receive support, and also give support since her passing. I wouldn't need or require a separate online platform for emotional or practical support. Sorry.
Sure, I completely understand. Thank you so much for sharing.