Patsy and I (Warts and All).

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
Discharged from Hospital early last week and I took the time to take stock of my own wellbeing. I decided that after a month of being apart I would bring Patsy home which I did last Friday, 17th.
Patsy is now home with me, but she has changed (or it may be me) 😞
We have developed subtle differences over the past month.
Hopefully we will return to how it was.
It is now Sunday morning and there is an uncertainty as to whether I have made the right decision as I am still sleeping a lot and Patsy is wandering aimlessly around.
I have professional help from a good local care company, so we are not alone, and the care home have said they will welcome Patsy back if I cannot cope at all, so there is a firm backstop.
Colin.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello Colin

I'm glad you are back home now.
Things will always change with dementia and you are not yet fully healed and recovered from your op, so it is not surprising that things feel different

If Patsy needs to go back to the care home do not feel guilty about it
xx

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
Hello Colin

I'm glad you are back home now.
Things will always change with dementia and you are not yet fully healed and recovered from your op, so it is not surprising that things feel different

If Patsy needs to go back to the care home do not feel guilty about it
xx
Thanks.
Don't worry, the guilt monster has jumped off my shoulder and left the building and been replaced by the Caring Fairy.
Colin.

Last edited:

tonebear

Jun 7, 2023
dorset
nice one Colin. Made me think and remember . Being two years older than you joined the air force and in late 63 was wandering around the Borneo jungle with a sub machine gun. ( got away with it) .

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
nice one Colin. Made me think and remember . Being two years older than you joined the air force and in late 63 was wandering around the Borneo jungle with a sub machine gun. ( got away with it) .
Ah @tonebear ….Borneo in 63! Mum lived in Sarawak for 1966 and we are currently reading the diary of her time there….lots of parties at the officers mess 🤣🤣 i want to visit in the future….

tonebear

Jun 7, 2023
dorset
Ah @tonebear ….Borneo in 63! Mum lived in Sarawak for 1966 and we are currently reading the diary of her time there….lots of parties at the officers mess 🤣🤣 i want to visit in the future….
IT was NOT me. I was only in Kuchin for about 3mths until christmas 63 . Back to uk in 65,

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
An interesting day and a classic example of confabulation.
Patsy wanted to know who owned this house that we have returned to?
I showed her that her name is on the deeds along with mine, so far so good.
Conversation on and off throughout the day and she has decided it is a lovely house to live in and it is nice of the owner to allow us to stay here.
Suddenly this afternoon she decided that Richard was the owner, but he didn't want to live here anymore so we were his tenants.
This is the name of her Ex!
She feels safe and secure here and a happy Patsy means a happy me 😊.
Always in Love.

Colin.

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
Joined the air force and all you got was a gun 😞. I would have expected a glider at least 🤣

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I’m sure @tonebear has some stories to tell - even if they don’t involve my mum 🤣🤣

so glad you and Patsy are reunited and feeling back in the security of home 🥰🥰

tonebear

Jun 7, 2023
dorset
I’m sure @tonebear has some stories to tell - even if they don’t involve my mum 🤣🤣

so glad you and Patsy are reunited and feeling back in the security of home 🥰🥰
Yeah one or two. As to the earlier post , my beloved piglet spent moust of the afternoon telling me all the things that Tony does ( that's me) and how alike we are. Funny that, us being alike.

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
Hello all of you.

Having fully recovered from the trials and tribulations of the last two months, I am now able to return to my originally intended timeline for this Thread, following on from post #68

2007 Recommenced:

Just one more pic of the Young Newly-weds.

Dick & Judy_03.jpg

Returned to the UK in Early June.

Christmas 2007 was very low key, just Patsy, Me and a very small tree.

CIMG1178.JPG

Patsy not sure if she wanted this present or not!

CIMG1185.JPG

Always in Love

Colin