No longer suffering

Sparklingminds

Jun 6, 2017
I can honestly say I have dreaded the day when my partner finally said goodbye to dementia and all his suffering. I say this with tears, as it’s so incredibly hard.
it’s been a tough 9 years from caring at home to the last 2 years of regular care home visits.
Lots of sorting & I’m back at work what do they say life continues.
The funeral isn’t until next week. It really is such a cruel disease and it took away the most incredibly beautiful, funny man.
My final thought I just hope he’s happy and at peace.

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
I can honestly say I have dreaded the day when my partner finally said goodbye to dementia and all his suffering. I say this with tears, as it’s so incredibly hard.
it’s been a tough 9 years from caring at home to the last 2 years of regular care home visits.
Lots of sorting & I’m back at work what do they say life continues.
The funeral isn’t until next week. It really is such a cruel disease and it took away the most incredibly beautiful, funny man.
My final thought I just hope he’s happy and at peace.

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
deep condolences, my dear. yes, sad to lose your dear man, but be glad that he suffers no more. he is at peace. have a good rest of your life. He would want you to

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I too send my condolences @Sparklingminds.

I'm glad your partner is at peace but I also understand how hard things must be for you now. I hope the funeral goes as you wish it to and that you have understanding from those you work beside.

Wishing you strength.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Sincere condolences on your loss, take care and be kind to yourself

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Sending you condolences @Sparklingminds and wishing you strength for the difficult days ahead.
Please remember that we are still here for you if you need to talk about how you are feeling.

Firecatcher

Jan 6, 2020
Sorry to hear your incredibly sad news @Sparklingminds. Although the PWD is finally at peace from this harrowing disease it doesn’t make it any easier. Be kind to yourself and take things one day at a time. I hope you have supportive colleagues at your workplace as carrying on following a bereavement isn’t easy. Bereavement leave needs to be longer than the standard 3-5 days and I cannot understand why the Unions have failed to address this.