My name is Laura.

Fran’sdaughter

Apr 18, 2024
Im an only child with an 86 year old Mother with dementia. Shes had it for about 5 years. Always been pleasant and polite. She started hallucinating and acting out on Monday and was admitted to the hospital. She has cellulitis. Shes had 2 aggressive outbursts this week in 5 years. Its awful.

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
hang in there, my dear (Laura ?). It must be awful as we are helpless to help. Poor mum. Hope as her pain abates , she will be calmer. Hugs

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Fran'sdaughter.

I agree, hang in there. If the Hospital medics are any good they may well be able to sort out meds that will help.

Dementia will progress with time but the forum members are always here to give whatever support they can.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s the infection @Fran’sdaughter that is causing this reaction. Fingers crossed once the infection is cleared your mum will be much better.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you will get some comfort from the community while your mum is so poorly.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Fran'sdaughter

I can empathise with there. My mum passed away some years ago now but she too suffered from cellulitis. It was awful. She was hospitalised on a couple of occasions when she changed from being a mild mannered person to being quite aggressive. She had to have intravenous antibiotics and things began to settle down again.

I do hope your mum's infection clears up quickly. Keep posting here for support.