Mobility

wanny1

Oct 17, 2022
My mum is in middle- late stages, she is 91 frail and lives with me. There have been times lately when it's been incredibly difficult to move mum from her chair in the lounge to her bedroom as her legs won't work, is there any advice as to who I talk to for help in this instance?

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Hi @wanny1
Im sorry to hear this. I looked after my mum at home until she lost her mobility. I would perhaps ask her GP for a referral to occupational therapy. In the mean time could you buy/ borrow/ rent a wheelchair to move her in?

Anjona

Mar 31, 2024
My council enables carers to self refer to occupation Therapy. It might be worth looking on the website for a referral form

wanny1

Oct 17, 2022
Hi @wanny1
Im sorry to hear this. I looked after my mum at home until she lost her mobility. I would perhaps ask her GP for a referral to occupational therapy. In the mean time could you buy/ borrow/ rent a wheelchair to move her in?

wanny1

Oct 17, 2022
Thank you, I will contact her GP, good idea re wheelchair, that will definitely help.

sky2

Nov 22, 2022
My OH seems to lose mobility, can't get out of chair or do anything for a few weeks and then can walk with aids again, is this normal. Currently has no mobility, been like this for a week, using bedpan and it is so stressful. He goes to respite for 2 weeks soon, as I am struggling with all this at the moment. shows no interest in getting up or trying to get to the loo, I'm his wife and it's my job! Does mobility come and go like this, has been happening since last late last year. Has a couple of ok weeks, then can't move . He uses foul language all the time he is a wake, luckily he sleeps alot. OT said not a lot they can do as did GP, it's clinical not medical!