IT'S MY HOUSE

LouiseK!

Jul 17, 2020
Hi everyone, just having a rant. I'm not allowed to do any work on our house. He gets aggressive, says 'what do you think you're doing, it's my house. I spent 3 hours gardening today and tried to wash the conservatory roof from his bedroom window, just with a hose. He slammed the bedroom door open, asked what was I doing, followed me downstairs. Then grabbed my neck and shoulder and shouted I'll kill you. I just calmly said get off me. Then he followed me round the house like ten men. I'm only 4ft 10 and I'll be 60 in a weeks time. Whether he knows me or not, it's still wrong.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
You're right and he in the wrong, zero tolerance to violence, please be careful, please be very careful. Please rant all you want but don't put yourself at risk, please, just don't.
Make sure you have a safe space/place you can go to if it all gets bad .Take care, you count too. K

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @LouiseK! This must have been so frightening for you. Please ensure that you keep a fully charged mobile phone with you at all times and if you ever feel in danger please get to somewhere safe and call the police on 999 for help, they are trained to deal with situations like this.

I would also suggest that you contact your husbands GP or the memory clinic to discuss this behaviour to see if they can suggest any medications which might help to modify his behaviour. You should not have to put up with this.

LouiseK!

Jul 17, 2020
You're right and he in the wrong, zero tolerance to violence, please be careful, please be very careful. Please rant all you want but don't put yourself at risk, please, just don't.
Make sure you have a safe space/place you can go to if it all gets bad .Take care, you count too. K
Thank you. He's always been a very layed back man, so it is out of character. It's happened about 3 times now over a couple of years. I try to do house work when he's at the centre, but with gardening it's weather permitting. I'll be okay, I do tread carefully.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
No, don't tread carefully put yourself first for a change, me threaten by me wife same height as you wasnt an issue... Until the incident with the knife, goes back a few years on here, no need to repeat, stay safe. K

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Thank you. He's always been a very layed back man, so it is out of character. It's happened about 3 times now over a couple of years. I try to do house work when he's at the centre, but with gardening it's weather permitting. I'll be okay, I do tread carefully.
@Kevinl is right, you should not need to tread carefully, you should not be threatened in your own home. Please consider the advice that I gave above.

LouiseK!

Jul 17, 2020
Hello @LouiseK! This must have been so frightening for you. Please ensure that you keep a fully charged mobile phone with you at all times and if you ever feel in danger please get to somewhere safe and call the police on 999 for help, they are trained to deal with situations like this.

I would also suggest that you contact your husbands GP or the memory clinic to discuss this behaviour to see if they can suggest any medications which might help to modify his behaviour. You should not have to put up with this.
They changed his medication before and it did help. I wasn't afraid, but felt the emotions later. If it happens again, I'll make another doc appointment. Always have my phone with me and a lock on my bedroom door, so I usually go to my bedroom if I feel there is a
Trigger wwarning. I have a camera in the kitchen and download every incident. Thank you.
I feel afraid for you …..
My first marriage was mentally and physically abusive. I'm a tough cookie, this is mild compared to that. But thank you, I'll tread very carefully

LouiseK!

Jul 17, 2020
No, don't tread carefully put yourself first for a change, me threaten by me wife same height as you wasnt an issue... Until the incident with the knife, goes back a few years on here, no need to repeat, stay safe. K
Wow, that's horrendous. Think I'll pay a visit to docs again with him. So sorry you went through that.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
The outcome was I caught something called viral encephalitis, covid 19 while in a coma and sometime during all of this my wife passe away. Still getting over it, still posting on here. K

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @Kevinl
I seem to remember from your posts before you got viral encephalitis that your wife was in a dementia nursing home, but I don't know how she got there. Had she been sectioned?

LouiseK!

Jul 17, 2020
The outcome was I caught something called viral encephalitis, covid 19 while in a coma and sometime during all of this my wife passe away. Still getting over it, still posting on here. K
I am so sorry, sending lots of love xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lotts