I lost him 💜

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
@Starbright , sincere condolences. You have had a lifetime of love with your husband and clearly will miss him greatly. Cherish the memories and look after yourself, he’d want you to. I hope that you have friends and family to help you through the difficult days ahead. Take good care.

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you so much everyone for your very kind and thoughtful words ..Im a Broken hearted mess at the moment but I’m finding keeping busy working in the garden doing things that don’t need doing but doing it anyway seems to be the only way to get through this last chapter of the last 6 years .He safe now and free we did have a few moments at the end and I will treasure that till we meet again.
Thank you again A

Dutchman

May 26, 2017
Devon, Totnes
I lost my main man last Thursday …… he was my first love and I was 15 on our first date here I am at 82 years old and to say I’m broken is an understatement…I’ve cared for him for a long time throughout his struggle with the horrors of Vascular Dementia and all his other health problems .
The very caring advice I’ve had from members over the years since joining has been invaluable and I am so grateful to all of you .You know who you are.
Bless You … and to those still struggling on, my heart goes out to you . Stay strong but also remember to take care of you .
A 😓💜
I’ve just come across your post. So very sorry for your loss and I know the struggle with grieving you’re up against.

I too lost my Bridget last September and not a day goes by when I all I want is to have her back just for a few minutes to hold and comfort. We need to tough it out I know and time is in fact a great healer ( up to a point) but all the encouragement in the world to look after myself sometimes means little when I need her with me again.

Lean on people and continue to ask for support here. I have no reluctance anymore to ask for help as all that’s happened has torn away many of my inhibitions

P❤️

Last edited: