Hi

gillk

May 10, 2024
It's 3.30am and I cant sleep. I'm gill. My mum has stage 5 dementia and I'm struggling to make decisions regarding her future care. She's still at home but I don't know for how long. Found this forum while stressing and hoped to find some support xxxx

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @gillk and firstly welcome to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here, so I am glad you have found us, although sorry that you are stressing at 3.30 in the morning.
I am sorry to learn about your Mum's late stage dementia. It's certainly tough having a parent with this cruel disease. I had the same with my Mum.
If you are struggling, and you say that you don't know how long she can still remain at home, then it certainly sounds like you need to be considering more care, either in the home, or residential care. This link may help with information.:
You have come to the right place for good advice, suggestions and total understanding as members here really do want to help. And you can always use this space to let off a bit of steam when you need to. Take care.