Hi new to this forum- scared!

Ellieann

Apr 30, 2024
Hi new to this forum, my mum has dementia although no formal diagnosis that we know of as she refuses to see GP or anyone really! Brother cares 24/7 and he lives with her! I live 5 hours away and struggling to get there to help due to health issues of my husband! Afternoon & early eve seems to be worst time for her! Look forward to learning more!

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Hi @Ellieann and welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place, and you'll find lots of support and understanding here.

I'm sorry to hear that your mum is refusing to see the GP, and I can imagine it's difficult as you live far away and you're also dealing with your husband's health issues. I'm sure others will be along soon to help support you.

Julie1959

May 1, 2024
Hi new to this forum, my mum has dementia although no formal diagnosis that we know of as she refuses to see GP or anyone really! Brother cares 24/7 and he lives with her! I live 5 hours away and struggling to get there to help due to health issues of my husband! Afternoon & early eve seems to be worst time for her! Look forward to learning more!
HI - I've only just registered on this forum - my dad was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's, but is rather in denial as he is still very independent. We pushed to get the formal diagnosis despite his initial resistance...I do think it helps. I hope you can persuade your mum to do this - good luck! At least this is a place to share frustrations and get some helpful support :-/

Ellieann

Apr 30, 2024
Thank you Julie! She wont be moved on seeing Gp or anyone! She currently suffering with loss of hearing due to wax?? Has driven my brother to tears and refuses to go walk in clinic! Sad times