Hello

Rachey65

Apr 22, 2024
Hi , I'd like some advice from you lovely people ! My mum has been in a care home for around a year now , most if the staff are lovely , even tho hates being in there !
I have been I formed by the manager that a night staff carer has physically assaulted my mum , they have CCTV footage of her grabbing my mum's arm . The carer tried to cover herself by saying mum had banged it on a cupboard ---
The manager has suspended her , and raised a safe guarding issue , and it is being investigated further . Is there anything we need to do as a family ? Or leave it in the hands of the home ?? Will Social Services get the police involved or do we need to do that ??
Thanks for your advice

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
If the home have made a safeguarding referral then social services will deal with the rest you shouldn’t have to do anything. Social services should contact you to keep you informed. Make it clear you want to be kept fully informed. Not sure the police will get involved though.
I’m sorry your mum has been through this and that you are having to deal with it. If it is any comfort, it is good to know the home acted quickly and have made the safeguarding referral, sometimes these things get brushed under the carpet.

Rachey65

Apr 22, 2024
If the home have made a safeguarding referral then social services will deal with the rest you shouldn’t have to do anything. Social services should contact you to keep you informed. Make it clear you want to be kept fully informed. Not sure the police will get involved though.
I’m sorry your mum has been through this and that you are having to deal with it. If it is any comfort, it is good to know the home acted quickly and have made the safeguarding referral, sometimes these things get brushed under the carpet.
Thanks for your advice x Much appreciated 👍
Yes , the manager acted very quickly , and it's not "" put me off "" the home at all !
Just wish my mum could settle now . She's constantly asking to go back home to " The Croft " !! I keep saying I'll speak to social services , but it doesn't pacify her 😕
Should I be telling her she ll never go back , or do what I'm doing and just keep telling little white lies ?

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Love lies are the best, she will keep on asking regardless of what you tell her so if a little lie keeps her happy for a while then that is fine. Or maybe “we need to wait for the dr to say it’s ok” Even if she went home, she would still ask to go home.
She hopefully will settle eventually , it sounds like the manager has got a good handle on things.