Funerals and Donations

MargosGrandaughter

Nov 17, 2022
Hi everyone.

We said goodbye to Margo yesterday. Tomorrow will be a month since she passed.

At my request, due to the unwavering support this forum has given me (as well as all the other amazing resources at Alzheimer's Society), we decided to invite the guests of the funeral to donate to the charity in lieu of flowers.

It is with immense pride that I announce that at my Nannan's funeral, we raised just short of £500 for Alzheimer's Society.

To the wonderful people on the forum, your comfort and advice has been second to none. If it wasn't for everyone here validating my feelings, encouraging me, relating with me, and cheerleading me, I'm not quite sure how I'd have coped. My Nannan would've been so glad that I found a community like this one through my darkest times. It's something that she would've done herself if she was able to. For that, I am eternally grateful.

I'm wishing everybody nothing short of the best for the future.
Yours,
Abi

P.S, my beautiful Margo, wearing the cardigan I am wrapped up in as I write. To love you and be loved by you was a privilege, Nannan. I will never forget that. I will miss you and love you for the rest of my life, until we meet again.
Nan.jpg

Last edited:

DeeCee7

Oct 13, 2023
That’s a wonderful tribute to your much loved Nannan @MargosGrandaughter . It’s very thoughtful of you to remember the Alzheimers Society for funeral donations. What a lovely granddaughter your Nannan helped raise.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Just breaks my heart the things I read on here sometimes. Thank you Margo for the photo we can all share now you're in a better place and a double thank you to your grand daughter for posting and for the cardigan she's wrapped in and the picture of you.thank you. K

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
A lovely tribute and a good way for her to be remembered as well - take care x