Feelings of uselessness..

kimnjohn69

Dec 21, 2023
I have written on here a few times, and have had some very helpful replies.My mum is pallative care and has vascular dementia and severe heart failure with other problems,she is 89.My dad is 85 with COPD ,Epilepsy and also other health issues. My sister is my mum's main carer and my two daughters help with mum and dad's care, as I was but due to my sisters animosity towards me we have come to physical autocations.Yesturday we had socilvworker and my mums pallative nurse in to talk to my dad and sister concerning safeguarding issues,with medication and my sisters behaviour to my dad and mum.I am feeling very useless,one of my daughters was at the meeting and I was left to answer for myself concerning the altercations, but my sister did provoke on each occasion, following me round the house, telling me I'm terrible mum, being spiteful about my mental health.Endless wicked cruel jibes to get a reaction, I've tried to hard to avoid her bur everytime I go in my parents, she starts, I asked my daughter to say my sister was provoking me, but she just stood and looked at my sister.I feel like I've been pushed out, only time I'm called upon is if something is needed or they want something.I can't walk away from my patents, I feel I'm there voice,with my sisters controlling manipulative behaviour. I have had to limit my visits to my parents as I never get my time with them.My sister is always hoovering around, watching or listening at the door.it was agreed I go up there Tuesday and Friday at 11 and my sister will go out of the house while I have my time with mum and dad. She also promised not to interegate my dad whenever I leave the house, and not to keep pushing my dad to do as she says.I am at my wits end, I cannot cope with her, my sister said that she doesn't think I can deal with my mum on my own, if she needs meds or how she has to be sat to eat, so one of my daughters has to be there, I really am struggling with it all.I myself have severe depression and anxiety and just don't know what to do.any advice would be appreciated thank you Kim

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @kimnjohn69

I can`t see a solution to the relationship with your sister and I would walk away.

I would also send a letter, or copy your post, to Social Services to say you are being prevented from having peaceful times with your parents.

It`s not worth the upset.

kimnjohn69

Dec 21, 2023
Thank you for your reply, the problem I have is my sister lives with my parents, my sister has said she will leave the house for a hour 2 days a week but I am just not believing she will abide by it.I don't want to not go up to see my parents but I'm beginning to feel it's getting so hard to go to see them