Family support/understanding

Genie4U

Apr 22, 2024
Where do I start? My dad passed at 84 a year ago. Mom has had dementia for awhile now yet 7 months after my siblings knew it was dangerous to be living alone. I offered to stay weekdays if they covered weekends. I offered multiple times and was never told it was a good idea from my siblings. Instead she was put in an assisted living in her home town. That lasted about 6 weeks as she walked to a nearby restaurant my brother had to bring her back. Apparently multiple falls and finally my sister moved her to a locked facility out of town. That was the best thing for her but she’s incredibly lonely. When I look at her calendar I see my sister made time 2 days last month, and my brother hadn’t been since Dec. And not sure if my other brother has been there since she was moved in Nov. I’m just so angry 😤 at them for dumping her so they could do something else. I need to figure this out because it hurts us both.

backin

Feb 6, 2024
How is she when you are not around? Many pwds complain about where they live but are know to actively engage with others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfly