EYE SIGHT

Free2Live

Jan 19, 2023
SURREY
My dad has been wearing glasses for years, he ended up having new ones last summer. He choose the frames too. He does not seem to focus or be able to know who is around him. He does not look at the person in front of him and his pupils do not change size. He is just starring without any focus.

What do you suggest?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
My dad has been wearing glasses for years, he ended up having new ones last summer. He choose the frames too. He does not seem to focus or be able to know who is around him. He does not look at the person in front of him and his pupils do not change size. He is just starring without any focus.

What do you suggest?
See an optician/doctor.

SherwoodSue

Jun 18, 2022
Hello. I think the difficulty is deciding if this is a dementia symptom or a true visual problem. MIL was always demanding new glasses. The problem was herself tho.
Mention it next GP visit or second opinion at ophthalmologist?

clare77

Oct 8, 2021
I’d definitely get his eyes checked by optician - most now do more in depth eye checks where they check the health of your eyes as well as vision - that should pick up if there are any issues with his eyes. The lack of reaction to light is concerning so I’d speak to the GP in the meantime.