donepezil effects

scotlass

Jul 9, 2023
can anyone tell me if donepezil can cause diarrhea and vomiting after taking it for 2 years..

sapphire turner

Jan 14, 2022
It seems unlikely for a new side effect to start after 2 years, maybe just a D&V bug? If they are really poorly with it might be worth getting advice from NHS 111 if you are in the UK

Bay Tree

Jun 19, 2023
can anyone tell me if donepezil can cause diarrhea and vomiting after taking it for 2 years..
My husband started taking donepezil a few months ago without any problems. Someone from the memory clinic came to do an initial review and said they would be back in a year to review the medication with us. She said that even if someone had no side effects initially, they can develop side effects down the line. I haven't read anything to this effect so not sure but perhaps it is just some sort of stomach upset. Perhaps if it doesn't improve, talk to doctor.

Andy63

Jul 30, 2022
I am not sure if it is Donepezil, but my wife can be sick occasionally, after eating but for no apparent reason. Only happens occasionally and I assumed it was food travelling too slow to the stomach? She has taken these tablets forv5 years?

scotlass

Jul 9, 2023
Thanks everyone for your replies, he's going to stop them for a couple of days to see what it's like, then I will phone the mental health nurse and let her know, she was just here to have a yearly check last week and everything was fine then...

scotlass

Jul 9, 2023
I phoned the mental health nurse to ask about donepezil causing diarrhea afte 2 years,,,she said it was unlikely and probably a bug...so I phoned the health centre and told the receptionist what he was like and asked if she would get the gp to give him a prescription which he got this morning. he has taken one pill and I gave him some dioralyte, and what a difference in just a couple of hours...