Delusional

Amethyst53

May 22, 2024
My husband has been delusional and hallucinating for 2 weeks now, before that he was fine just forgetful, it seems to be such a sudden change I am not coping very well, he is not sleeping either, I think this may be the reason, the doctor has given him some Zopiclone and has prescribed 2 x 3.75g but these make no difference.

My Mum's Daughter

Feb 8, 2020
@Amethyst53 welcome to the forum.

I have no experience of Zopiclone but hopefully another member has. You can not fully function without your sleep so you need to go back to the GP.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I agree about going back to the GP @Amethyst53. I wonder if your husband has a UTI or other infection. The symptoms might not be obvious, but they could be causing the increase in confusion.

Amethyst53

May 22, 2024
I agree about going back to the GP @Amethyst53. I wonder if your husband has a UTI or other infection. The symptoms might not be obvious, but they could be causing the increase in confusion.
Thanks for your reply, we have seen the GP and she has ordered blood and urine tests, an ecg and a chest X-ray, hopefully these will rule out a uti, he is getting worse, I am waiting for an assessment from a mental health doctor today.

peter1.

Jan 24, 2024
My husband has been delusional and hallucinating for 2 weeks now, before that he was fine just forgetful, it seems to be such a sudden change I am not coping very well, he is not sleeping either, I think this may be the reason, the doctor has given him some Zopiclone and has prescribed 2 x 3.75g but these make no difference.
Had similar experiences with my wifefor a few months,,,prescribed tramazadone made a big difference to moods ect. Still says she has sleep problems k but anxiety mucu improved,,,