Dear Diary!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
One of the silver linings?
Perhaps haha! Always slender as a teen, only gained proper early twenties with football training, badminton, running and career progression as self-confidence improved. However when I did my turn on nights would lose weight consistently, only putting it back on once returned to day rotation... was self conscious growing up but not so much now but a couple of extra pounds wouldn't go amiss ;) Just muscle and sinew now!!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Shopping earlier today during my expected window; raspberries (£1), blueberries (£1), strawberries (0.99), grapes (0.79), shredded wheat 30xbiscuits (£1.99), wholemeal bread x2 (0.69), haddock/cod fillets (£15), chicken breast fillets x5 (£6), semi-skimmed milk 3x2L (£3 total), cranberry juice (£1.20) and the rest haha! Oh the joys of healthy eating maxed out ;) I did throw in a couple of custard creams... so very naughty eh?

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
Shopping earlier today during my expected window; raspberries (£1), blueberries (£1), strawberries (0.99), grapes (0.79), shredded wheat 30xbiscuits (£1.99), wholemeal bread x2 (0.69), haddock/cod fillets (£15), chicken breast fillets x5 (£6), semi-skimmed milk 3x2L (£3 total), cranberry juice (£1.20) and the rest haha! Oh the joys of healthy eating maxed out ;) I did throw in a couple of custard creams... so very naughty eh?
Excellent list, @Eddcorner
On our trip to the supermarket this morning, I was pleased they had tomatoes on the vine for the first time in ages - nearly half price too! 😊

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Ooh can't beat'em @Neveradullday! for taste (yum yum) and half-price too 😋 I used to make a heaving salad sandwich several inches thick from my mum's plate-ups, every single item was squished into a mega glorious delight for my taste buds! Fortunately I can 'almost' do a jaw dislocation to fit it all in haha :)

Glad you're getting out with mum :) fingers crossed we'll be able to do the same this week as well!

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Gosh good prices for the fruit! I’m guessing one of those handy ’upnorth’ bargain supermarkets were deprived of here!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Gosh good prices for the fruit! I’m guessing one of those handy ’upnorth’ bargain supermarkets were deprived of here!
Farmfoods with just a little bit of Asda thrown in ;) I thought FF was nationwide!! Milk at a £1 and fruit/veg at really low prices - total lifesaver budget wise.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Last edited:

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Tried the link nitram put up and found 4 branches within a little over 4 miles for Farm Foods FFs got me some different results
Yes I am up north but I also worked in graphic design and you'd be surprised how much of the work involved repackaging, where an expensive brand cancelled an order and it was repackaged under a different brand.
You'd be surprised how many premium supermarket products cancelled orders on packed bright (as in canned but but unlabeled) and end up labeled in a budget supermarket.
Same with wine, look where it was bottled, if it has a UK postcode as the bottling site it's bulk tanker imported either down the road from me or a couple of other UK sites. K

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Oooh @Kevinl I had heard such things before ….shame u can’t track where this is happening and go hunt!
Ive just looked and the nearest to me is 40mins drive away 😢

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
They are
Postcode search

Scroll down for current offers
Thanks for the link @nitram.

The nearest Farm Foods store to where i am is about 10 miles or more through traffic busy suburbia, so some food savings would be spent on petrol, and time

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Tried the link nitram put up and found 4 branches within a little over 4 miles for Farm Foods FFs got me some different results
Yes I am up north but I also worked in graphic design and you'd be surprised how much of the work involved repackaging, where an expensive brand cancelled an order and it was repackaged under a different brand.
You'd be surprised how many premium supermarket products cancelled orders on packed bright (as in canned but but unlabeled) and end up labeled in a budget supermarket.
Same with wine, look where it was bottled, if it has a UK postcode as the bottling site it's bulk tanker imported either down the road from me or a couple of other UK sites. K
Yep I would never budge in the quality stakes... trial and error initially - also a bit phobic at the outset but was pleasantly surprised. Hmm many of the items are short-dated though, however the freezer solves that problem for the most part ;)

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Well to make up for my lack of FF, I’ve successfully utilised Olio app this evening to collect a bag of free Waitrose veg 😀😀

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
we have a FF in my city but only a small one. we have a lot of budget shops.
Ours is really local and only a couple of minutes down the road so we're quite fortunate. Mum always liked Poundland too as well as Aldi, more budget oriented these days as I'm her full time support so anything that saves pennies is most welcome!! Didn't know FF had smaller outlets though but if it's competing with other similarly driven stores can understand that one. The more the merrier I say ;)

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I went to stock up in Poundland on Monday - first time in ages ….and discovered it was Poundland only in name and not in nature!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
I went to stock up in Poundland on Monday - first time in ages ….and discovered it was Poundland only in name and not in nature!
Yes think it's changed hands once or twice since we last went in, there are still bargains to be had like electricals and stuff but not what it once was; Aldi however has many 'rip-off' brands - biscuits, cereals and such, hmm I remember the large bacon packs being quite cheap too! FFs has many branded products which are short-dated but which easily trump Asda's prices... teabags (240) for £3, 2litres of semi-skimmed milk £1 only, most high street brands at much lower prices, fruit/veg ridiculously low but not free from Waitrose haha ;) Heron's is another budget type shop mostly freezer goods if I remember correctly, a new one has recently opened where Poundland used to be so must get in there soon :)