Constant passing out/fainting

Eliott4

May 7, 2024
Hey,

My mum is 62 and she has dementia and MS. We can’t determine the type of dementia as she is bed bound and too far gone that it causes her a great deal of stress.

She’s had the dementia for about 3/4 years and the MS since she was 22.

Recently she is having a massive deterioration. She is constantly passing out/falling asleep. She drops her head or even drops her head/closes her eyes when she is doing something like changing the channel or drinking water, which is why I don’t think she is falling asleep.

She passes out up to 5 times in 1 minute, almost every or every other minute. When she passes out it’s for a few seconds and she is completely fine and non drowsy.

She has also had some mouth paralysis and has weakness on her left side (This has been for a while but we thought was MS)

She is in a care home and they have noticed deterioration, but her blood pressure seems ok after these attacks.

Has anyone has anything like this before?

Thanks for your help.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Phone 111 and tell them what you've told us on here, care home or not it sounds like something that needs looking at and sooner rather than later and by the professionals.
Site rules forbid medical advise on the site here, however, passing out like that might suggest low blood pressure hypotension, (high blood pressure is hypertension so make sure you pronounce it correctly) and the single sided weakness consistent with if not a stroke then a mini-stroke, tia I think they call it now.
The MS is a complication but at 62 who knows, make the 111 call and see what happens is my advise. K