Carehome and what clothes to bring

Toopie28

Jun 7, 2022
Hi All,
Wonder if you can help me please.
When Ma went into the carehome I brought a whole bunch of clothes for her. Mostly winter of course.
I'm now swapping out for less heavier items and will vacuum store the winter ones.

I don't live here and will be renting the house so should I bring everything to the care home? Or maybe rent a storage? I don't have anyone around that will keep her stuff - that's just how people are here.

She has a lot of jackets and heavy coats. Uses them to go out to church only.
Plus I've had to buy her bigger size clothes since they are stuffing her like fois gras over there.

I think I'm holding onto them for sentimental reasons. I need you folks to tell me to keep the minimum 🫤

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
I gave a lot of my mums clothing to charity and started again with pull on trousers and easy tops to put on, prior to that mum wore jeans mostly. She also put on weight which was a good thing so another set of new clothes , then the hospital she was in lost loads 😡 and now she is losing weight. Everything in the home is boil washed so delicate clothing will get ruined . A coat is handy for outings and easy shoes to get on and off, plenty of undies and socks. My mums home is very very warm so even in winter she prefers light weight tops.

Angel55

Oct 23, 2023
Hi All,
Wonder if you can help me please.
When Ma went into the carehome I brought a whole bunch of clothes for her. Mostly winter of course.
I'm now swapping out for less heavier items and will vacuum store the winter ones.

I don't live here and will be renting the house so should I bring everything to the care home? Or maybe rent a storage? I don't have anyone around that will keep her stuff - that's just how people are here.

She has a lot of jackets and heavy coats. Uses them to go out to church only.
Plus I've had to buy her bigger size clothes since they are stuffing her like fois gras over there.

I think I'm holding onto them for sentimental reasons. I need you folks to tell me to keep the minimum 🫤
💗 Definitely keep things to a minimum 😊

I would perhaps look at things that are easier to get on and off as well. Extra room to make dressing easier.

It is usually warmer in the homes as well so maybe things that layer too.

Just a few ideas ♥️