Can just be mad bad pride

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
If you wasn't so proud pride maybe couldn't be feeling so bad I guess I guess that's how it works it's hard one time you was there protector you was provide us you was always no what to do now now you are their problem is make you wish you could just be gone no more bother it's no more sad not too good on this talk no more maybe got it right

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
She's got You Matt,
remember your vows?
In sickness and in health,
you'd do the same for her in the blink of an eye

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It happens to all of us @MatthewB

We look after our children when they are young and our children look after us as we get older.

My son takes me to appointments when they are too far away for the bus. He also shops for me when I can’t get out.

I wish it was different but it`s life and I try to accept my reality.

I understand your frustration Matthew but a lot of old or poorly people are on their own with no family or friends to help. I wouldn’t want to be in their position and appreciate the help I get

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
As Jessbow says "in sickness and in health" is what I promised and I'm a man of my word.
I did it for 'cos she'd be there for me too as the song lyric goes. K

Collywobbles

Feb 27, 2018
I don’t see it as pride Matt, just a natural human need to look after yourself. But you do need help, and you know you would do the same for your Lisa if she had needed it. That’s love, and that’s what you have for each other. Take care.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
No need to be sorry @MatthewB

This forum is here so you can tell it how it is without anyone passing judgement.

It`s always good to say how you feel. It`s much better than bottling it up inside.

I’m sure you will be helping many people who feel like you do but aren’t able to say.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Oh @MatthewB dont be sorry. How you are feeling is very normal for your situation. You have always been the provider and now you have to rely on others. It’s tough. But remember you still have much to give and provide. You taught your boy to skin the coyote the other week didn’t you? Are their other skills you have that he still needs your experience and teaching in? I bet there is.

please tell us and Lisa if you feel real bad tho so we can all help you. You don’t need to feel these things alone.

Collywobbles

Feb 27, 2018
Please don’t feel sorry Matt.

Feelings aren’t right or wrong, they’re just what you are honestly going through.

We’re glad you’re able to tell us how you feel. Maybe that helps you tell your Lisa, which is a really good thing. Take care.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I'm now you guys are right I'm no you would have right things I'm very sorry God bless
Never apologies to us, unless you have done something wrong and you haven't, we're different there's plenty of thing I'm no good at, just come on vent on here, always someone to listen read whichever. K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucy Lockett