Any advice would be much appreciated

kimnjohn69

Dec 21, 2023
Hi myself and my sister do not get on,she is my mum's carer,my mum has vascular dementia and severe heart failure she is 89.My dad also loves at home he is 85 and has many health problems. Me and my sister have financial POA for my mum, as now she doesn't have mental capacity, she also has DNR in place. Back in 2018 my mum had DNR put in place and we had a family meeting to discuss the horrible conversation of mum and dad's funeral plans.My mum and my dad both agreed cremation.my dad set up funeral plans for them both, but last year my sister changed my mums funeral plan from cremation to burial, but not my dads.we have had endless arguments over my mums medication, and her care, but this needs to be dealt with. She has told my dad that he needs to talk to funeral plan company to make sure burial for my mum is in place, but this is since we argued she was going against my mums wishes.Also my mum has savings and my sister is saying it is for the burial etc but my mum and dad said it was to be for my dad and my mums kids and grandchildren,but my sister has manipulated my dad to believe it's for funeral.Is there anything I can do legally to stop her going against my mums wishes? Please can anyone advise thanks Kim

Fraz

Jul 17, 2021
Purley
Hi myself and my sister do not get on,she is my mum's carer,my mum has vascular dementia and severe heart failure she is 89.My dad also loves at home he is 85 and has many health problems. Me and my sister have financial POA for my mum, as now she doesn't have mental capacity, she also has DNR in place. Back in 2018 my mum had DNR put in place and we had a family meeting to discuss the horrible conversation of mum and dad's funeral plans.My mum and my dad both agreed cremation.my dad set up funeral plans for them both, but last year my sister changed my mums funeral plan from cremation to burial, but not my dads.we have had endless arguments over my mums medication, and her care, but this needs to be dealt with. She has told my dad that he needs to talk to funeral plan company to make sure burial for my mum is in place, but this is since we argued she was going against my mums wishes.Also my mum has savings and my sister is saying it is for the burial etc but my mum and dad said it was to be for my dad and my mums kids and grandchildren,but my sister has manipulated my dad to believe it's for funeral.Is there anything I can do legally to stop her going against my mums wishes? Please can anyone advise thanks Kim
I feel for you on this. But oh Dear anything legal will be expensive, try and avoid. If you have your mum's wishes in writing, that would be very handy?

Moyra C

Mar 26, 2023
Is the lpa set up so you can act independently or have to act together.