Your CHC Appeals support thread

luggy

Jan 25, 2023
Oh and I did enjoy that being grabbed by the breast and scratched with dirty nails is apparently ‘normal working conditions and is not a risk’ 🤣🤣🤣 I knew that would be the response so enjoyed it …..apparently it woiod be v different if it happens to me tomorrow by someone with schizophrenia as opposed to someone with dementia …
…no wonder we have such a shortage of carers!
Hi @sdmhred well at least that's out of the way. You should receive a copy of the ratified DST soon. Have a good read of their take on the 4 Key Indicators, which is towards the end of the document. This is where the ICB show, or more usually they choose not to show, how the 12 domains interact with each other to prove a primary health need.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
What I didn’t understand @luggy is that they didnt talk at all about primary health needs as opposed to social care needs ….this is what I was expecting.

They seemed to be talking about whether mum’s needs were usual for a nursing home in which case it would be FNC - almost as if CHC was if u were at nursing home plus type need.

maybe I misinterpreted?

The SW has emailed me so maybe I will go back and ask her for clarification as a learning point?

Spcc cat

Jan 9, 2023
How successful are appeals?

We have a complicated issue. Mum in a nursing home after many years struggling. Both mum and dad own a small commercial property which they used rent for their income. Now council say that because the commercial property takes them over the threshold, they want full payment (and disregard the house). So dad will lose his small income.

What’s more, the commercial property has been run by my brother for 25 years, so if we sell the commercial, brother loses his income, in addition there’s a small studio above the commercial where someone with mental health needs is placed there by the local authority.

The council want this commercial property, even if three separate parties are affected and life changes for them, if we sell/equity release.

Lawyer tells us we have 50/50 chance but wants £5000 before he gets to work.

What is the chance of this? Anyone appealed and been successful? Any good lawyers you’d recommend?

Spcc cat

Jan 9, 2023
How successful are appeals?

We have a complicated issue. Mum in a nursing home after many years struggling. Both mum and dad own a small commercial property which they used rent for their income. Now council say that because the commercial property takes them over the threshold, they want full payment (and disregard the house). So dad will lose his small income.

What’s more, the commercial property has been run by my brother for 25 years, so if we sell the commercial, brother loses his income, in addition there’s a small studio above the commercial where someone with mental health needs is placed there by the local authority.

The council want this commercial property, even if three separate parties are affected and life changes for them, if we sell/equity release.

Lawyer tells us we have 50/50 chance but wants £5000 before he gets to work.

What is the chance of this? Anyone appealed and been successful? Any good lawyers you’d recommend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicky67!