younger person with Alzheimers

Chudleighfriend

Aug 4, 2013
My friend has been diagnosed within the last fortnight. He is a private and independent man of 62 with many talents. We have been friends for around 12 years and he has taught me to garden. He is a film editor and photographer by trade. His memory is failing and he often can't remember the names of flowers and plants anymore which is painful. Any advice welcomed.

60's child

Apr 23, 2013
suffolk
Hi
I am very sorry about your friend. I dont have any specific advice for you. When my Mum was diagnosed I had no idea what I needed to know. Just found things out as I went along. This forum is a mine of information and I have learnt so much from here. I would suggest that he looks into Power of attorney. Lots of threads on here about that. The alzheimers society has been very helpful to me as well. Maybe look up your local branch and give them a call?
Maybe point him in the direction of Talking point? There are members on here in his situation who I am sure will be willing to give advice or support.

Last edited:

Chook

Jun 14, 2013
Westcountry
I'm so sorry, that's no age at all is it. My mum was in her late 60s when she got diagnosed and I just couldn't believe it could happen so young.

What kind of advice are you looking for? One thing mum has found so hard is that all of her friends have deserted her. Your support will be invaluable to him.

Good luck

Chook
x