You guys sometimes goof up too?

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Maybe just take some time to remember how to do this internet one? I'm goof up that put the headlight in my life wife car and was take too long is then make her late to do that appointment. Kind of sad when can't do so many thing I'm used to do always so good I'm feel like I'm not sure maybe useless the right word just take up space I don't want to be this way I don't know why I can't keep straight the way to do thing or remember where I am put my tools I probably shouldn't be saying all this stuff do you guys but I don't know it's just sad only word I can know to say sorry I don't want to bring other people down just get sad and the night time whenever everyone is sleeping and it's just me thinking anyway this is Matt hope is good with you guys God bless you this is Matt

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @MatthewB I am sorry that you feel that you goofed up but at least you are still trying to help and to do things and I am sure that your Lisa appreciates that.
Things always seem worse at night and we always love to hear from you, so keep posting, we are always here for you.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @MatthewB.

My wife has dementia and she, like you, will often say "sorry". I'll say to you what I say to her - "there is no need to say sorry".

You are correct - we all make mistakes.

Spottydog

Dec 8, 2023
Hi Matthew, you are not alone in making mistakes or losing things. Just keep on trying your best and don't let it get you down. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you 🌞

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
humans are good at 'goofing up' , older humans even more so. You are a good man, Matt, and that is most important quality to have

David Joseph

Oct 20, 2023
Hi Matthew B,
In my experience it is important never to
blame yourself, because basically it is obvious that you, or any of us, would ever want to goof up on purpose. That is why you have said sorry. Goof ups are like unintended accidents. We don’t blame people for tripping on uneven pavements, it’s the town council’s fault for not having it properly repaired. The same goes for potholes in the road. No one blames a football player for being injured if no one intended harm. The same rule applies to people with dementia for the minor mishaps that, well, just happen. The losses we are suffering are enough without blaming ourselves for something that is dementia, which is an illness that often strikes at random out of the blue, and that can happen to anyone, even Presidents and former Prime Ministers.
Your friend,
David Joseph