Yesterday I was hardly here - today I'm fine

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
It's so hard to cope with the unpredictability of this illness. Yesterday I felt as if I was in a sort of fog all day. I could see and hear people but somehow,
I was removed from them. It was hard to find my way around the keyboard, I tried to write, both on line and in my journal but couldn't think of anything to say. Paul said I looked terrified all day though I don't remember that feeling. At bed time I had a sleeping tablet which I rarely do, haven't had one since well before Chriatmas but I still slept badly.
No one had upst me, I haven't any sort of infection I had taken all my medication. But I was just barely there.
Today woke up bright as a button, caught up with all my letters, went out, did some work. Friends I met who I haven#t seen for ages couldn't believe how well I was. Yesterday I doubt if I would have known them. Why is it like this?
Mr Alzheimer reminding me who is boss perhaps.

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Missed you while not here

I don't know Shelagh but I'm just glad you are here today - while I've not been here - over 4 months - it was you especially that I kept wondering about and missing, xxx (I love you others too.....;))

parkerdart

Jan 8, 2011
USA
Hi Shelagh - Glad you are having a good today. I have those same kind of good days and not so good days. Just have come to accept them and be as productive as I can on the good ones and as kind to myself as I can on the not good ones. Who knows why? Trying to stop or even slow down this disease is like trying to stop a freight train with a roll of toilet paper so I have found for me to just be accepting of it has done me better. Glad there are still good days to be had for you...and for me too. Take good care. Vickie

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi Shelagh

All I can say is that after my own 6 years with Alzheimer’s I can concur with your problems of feeling in a cloud or as you said a ‘Fog’ all day which is something that now affects me more and more as the days go by… it’s the most terrible feeling as you feel lost to the whole world around you and yes you can (see and hear people talking) yet somehow our perception becomes oblivious to them… and I have many a day when I sit at the computer to type or try to write my poetry but the mind goes completely blank of any rational thoughts… and like you I also say those are the days that MR. Alzheimer’s is in control of my every being, but all we can do is to keep fighting back with an attitude of tomorrow will be a brighter new day…

Just keep up the fight and best wishes
Barry

MissisT

Dec 1, 2010
Essex
Dear Shelagh
So pleased to read that the fog has lifted for today at least.

I am so sad to read your posts (and those of others with one or more of these horrible dementias) but so grateful that you let us know how you feel. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds them incredibly helpful in trying to understand what our own loved ones are going through.

Bless you for your courage and fortitude :)
Teresa x

More posts while I was faffing about with my reply. I sincerely thank you all xxxx

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My husband used to have foggy days. He said it was like looking through net curtains, nothing was clear.
The biggest difficulty, as you said Shelagh , is the unpredictability. It prevents plans being made.
I`m glad it`s a better day for you today.
I hope it will be good tomorrow too. xx