Worse??

tiddy

Apr 24, 2023
Two nights ago my mother woke up at 10pm to use the restroom. While in the restroom, she started saying that her 101 yr old sister had passed, and that she felt like a failure for not speaking to family members as much as she would have liked..

I suspected that it was a bad dream as I couldn't imagine when and where she recieved this information from...as the phone hadn't any incoming or outgoing calls that day. .if it had I would be aware.

The following day she started ringing family and friends to tell of her sister's passing. I brought it to her attention that the phone hadn't rung all day yesterday, and I asked her who told her this. She said she was unsure, but insisted that this information were true.

After advising her to call her sons to find out, she called and came to the realization that this information was false. That her sister is still alive and well.

I convinced her that it was a bad dream or perhaps premonition of things to come. She's accepted these answers.

I am unsure if this was just a bad dream or her dementia.. I suspect the latter.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Mumlikesflowers

Aug 13, 2020
Has she calmed down or is this symptomatic of some current health issue? As you are probably aware, old people can get more confused with a urinary tract infection, for example.

I sometimes wonder what the dreams of a PWD are like. I mean I'm not a PWD and mine are pretty crazy as dreams tend to be.