WHY can't I???!!!! Ideas?

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
If i try to use any function from above - letter size, colour, smily face etc - the chosen function appears at the very beginning of the post!:confused: the smileys at the side are OK. Any ideas please, this is very irritating!:mad:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Hi Chris.With the size, colour etc.I alwasy have to move one of the 'size' boxes to the end of what I have written. Same with the colour etc. which is why it takes me ages to write even Happy birthday!!!

I think the post icons at the bottom always land at the beginning of a pot which is why i usually stick to those at the side.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
hi saffie, thanks for repying although i'm not sure if its the same thing. say for exampe if i want to add colour here I select the colour but it wd go to the beginning before the hi saffie:confused:

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
I'm going to try this out

You have to use the cursor to select the text you want to highlight and then click the function button

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
ah! I'll try that chemmy - nope,i highlighted chemmy after I typed it and when I did the colour option disappeared. right, will post this and see what happens

edit - didnt work, the first chemmy shd be in colour! dark orange to be precise tut!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
No, I find once I highlight the text, then move the cursor to say'colour' the highlight disappears. Mine comes at the beginning of the text - though just realised that is the beginning of the post too when I write something like Happy Birthday! No soution from me Chris, I'm afraid!!!

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
Are your posting permissions (at the bottom of the page) set the same as mine?

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
code is On
HTML code is Off

I think the BB one is the one you need to be set to ON

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
now typing in between brackets and hey presto, doesnt work for me:(bb is on. now selecting size

thanks all, must be my laptop that's iffy

edit 0 i wanted the bg typing to be after the words - now selecting size

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just testing;)

I also have to type the [/COLOR] bit at the end of the highlighted text - this happened to me when the Forum changed its style some time ago. It took me ages to work out how to get colour and size and for a while I only printed large sized black letters.

This is the first time I have used the bottom icon. When I started I did 'talking' which is above and then the 'wink' although added at the end of the last sentence has appeared at the end of the Title :confused:.

TBH Chris, in the big scheme of things I feel typing words to get our messages across to each other is the most important.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
you're right jan, n the scheme of things its not very important but it just bugged me:rolleyes:;) same as when i try to insert a pic half way in the text, eg, that appears at the beginning, another minor irritation:rolleyes:

thaks for all your replies, much appreciated:)

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
No, I find once I highlight the text, then move the cursor to say'colour' the highlight disappears. Mine comes at the beginning of the text - though just realised that is the beginning of the post too when I write something like Happy Birthday! No soution from me Chris, I'm afraid!!!

I found that too Saffie but I happened to manage to do it one day and have realised that if you highlight the txt then put the mouse arrow on the very right hand edge of the bold line under the A and click. When you see the dropdown box with the colours choose the colour you want, it seems to work. Sometimes it takes me a few goes but I seem to have it down pat now. There must be an easier way I'm sure but this one works for me. Hope you can understand that. Reading back on it it seems a bit garbled.
Nanak
missing what has gone and scared of what is to come