Where to from here ....

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
Now about 11 weeks....since Mums last Quetiapine increase, and thankfully she has remained stable.
Alot calmer, joining in activities more, eating better, no issues with personal cares or dressing :)
Visits are so much better... not perfect of course, but better.

Mum is however now one of the ones thats started wandering into other residents rooms and picking up stuff, and taking it back to hers, or taking stuff from her room and leaving it in other rooms :rolleyes:
She also strips her bed, remakes it, strips it again.... misplaces the sheets, pillowcases in other rooms :eek:
Her conversation is becoming less, but will answer when spoken to.
Also, almost doubly incontinent. After doing an incontinence review they are trialling her with pull up pants.
It was such a battle to get her to use pads, not sure how this will go down.
Care Manager said that cognitively Mum is considerably worse compared to this time a year ago, before UTI's and her downward spiral, but in otherways she can be quite aware.... which can often be the most difficult & challenging stage.
Thankful for no further UTI's, falls or infections :) touch wood... cross fingers

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Linbrusco
good to read that your mum's medication is helping
and overall that's still got to weigh more on the positive side than the magpie syndrome weighs in on the negative
I know what you mean about the more aware times being more challenging - dad is the same; I know I have to watch what I say and keep as calm as possible when he's more 'with it' - it means we are more likely to have a conversation that is more than 'yes' and 'no' on his side, but his frustration also more easily turns to temper
hey ho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenv