What do i do?

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
I have heard some disturbing news about the daycare my mum goes to, I can't go into details right now until I figure out what to do, lets just say some people have left or been taken out of daycare by their families. The only problem is if I tell the SW I can't tell them who the person is that told me, even though the person knows them to be true as they have seen it first hand.
I told the SW about something someone told me but they are ok about their name being used as what happened could have been potentially dangerous.
My question is should I tell the SW about the new stuff I heard, I want to but I doubt they will do anything if I can't name the person.

min88cat

Apr 6, 2010
Hi Carabosse, surely it should be the responsibility of the person who has witnessed the incident(s) to do the reporting, especially if its a safeguarding issue. Why involve you ?

zelana

Feb 11, 2013
N E Lincs
Hi Carabosse, if this is likely to impact on your mother to an extent where you would want her to stop going to this day care then I think you should tell the SW about rumours you have heard. If the person who witnessed the incident(s) isn't willing to speak out then there's nothing more you can do.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
The person witnessed one or two things, but was told by family members who removed their loved ones from daycare about what was going on.
I am involved as there is an issue with daycare (can't go into details right now) and my mum is involved, the stuff I told the SW concerned my mum, the new stuff could have an affect on my mum. As the person who told me about the new stuff was only told about some of it I doubt the SW would listen, or do nothing as I can't name the person as they would lose their job, as for the issue with my mum I can name the person as they have agreed I can.

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
As your mum is involved by let's call it A incidents, I would contact the SW and say. "It has been brought to my attention that there are also issues surrounding B at the same place. As they too are likely to impact my mother, I request that this be investigated at the same time." It is not for you to investigate or provide a source to SW, however it is for you to ensure they are asked to investigate issue B also. In case they bail to investigate and then something happens, I would follow up the discussion in writing.

Whatever the issues are, I hope you are able to get things resolved to your satisfaction and your mum's.

Fiona

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Thanks for that, I will send an email to the SW later after I talk to mums CPN to see if she has any input.

Kebuck2012

Nov 28, 2012
If a person is at the slightest risk we must speak out . Abuse is abuse . Sadly so much cover up has gone on in various areas of vulnerability. We owe it to those at risk now

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Its not abuse in the sense of someone hitting someone, I wish I could tell you guys exactly what, but until its resolved I can't.