Waterproof pyjamas?

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Hi everyone ,I've posted responses to others and now I have a question.
We are to have several one night Travelodge type stays this year. It's a big year for family celebrations, weddings and big birthdays .

Has anyone tried waterproof pyjamas? I'm trying to avoid a car full of waterproof bedding in case OH has pull up leaks. Our bed size probably not best for the large beds these places have anyway.

I saw them whilst googling. They are very expensive, £100 ish ,but they might be worth the investment if they work. Experiences ,comments or alternatives would be welcome.
thanks

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hmmm. Ive not tried them, but my immediate thought is - as the pyjamas wont soak up the liquid, where does it all go? Will it leak somewhere else out of the pyjamas?

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Hmmm. Ive not tried them, but my immediate thought is - as the pyjamas wont soak up the liquid, where does it all go? Will it leak somewhere else out of the pyjamas?
Thanks , it did suggest ' worn next to the skin' which I ,like you ,thought they would be insufficient.His size states hold 700ml
My plan would be to use over the pull up as a back up to leaks. A sort of additional waterproof pants.

Last edited:

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
I'm really sorry but since I read this thread, I can only think of Billy Connolly's sketch regarding incontinence trousers. At least it's making me smile.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
How well do they work? Description says, rubber, plastic and material nylon which is it? I thought the legs might be uncomfortable. I did wonder about the absorbent underpants over but again how leak proof?

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
My sister used them post stroke, found them to be very good, and she was a heavy wetter.
The legs need to be reasonably tight, but she ever complained they were uncomfortable.
Dont think anything will be guarrentee 100% leakproof- PJ ankles and going to be equally tight

Different parts will be different material

I think i'd give them a whirl and see

these claim to be 100% vinyl- they wont be because the leg elastic with be ..well...elastic.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
My sister used them post stroke, found them to be very good, and she was a heavy wetter.
The legs need to be reasonably tight, but she ever complained they were uncomfortable.
Dont think anything will be guarrentee 100% leakproof- PJ ankles and going to be equally tight

Different parts will be different material

I think i'd give them a whirl and see

these claim to be 100% vinyl- they wont be because the leg elastic with be ..well...elastic.
Thank you

Bevvywevvy

Nov 22, 2023
Hi, not sure how useful my thoughts are. We used to have a guest house. You'd be surprised how many times people had night time accidents. It's not a big deal, the sheets go off to the professional laundry anyway. If you ask for twin beds, you can almost always push them together, or, often,they already are together. This is to protect yourself if you still share a bed! We've stayed in travelodges,Premier inns, jurys etc. Never a problem. They have mattress protectors on. I usually take an undersheet thick one with me as well.
Just take the sheet/s off, pop them on the bath/shower ( this indicates fluids on them, wee and sick and worse!) Eww, haha! Bin bag for your own wet under protector. Or, you could use the single use ones, depending on expected volume, so to speak. I was mortified at first, but, from experience it's not so bad after all. Hope this makes sense and maybe knocks one anxiety inducing problem off your list.

Last edited:

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Hi, not sure how useful my thoughts are. We used to have a guest house. You'd be surprised how many times people had night time accidents. It's not a big deal, the sheets go off to the professional laundry anyway. If you ask for twin beds, you can almost always push them together, or, often,they already are together. This is to protect yourself if you still share a bed! We've stayed in travelodges,Premier inns, jurys etc. Never a problem. They have mattress protectors on. I usually take an undersheet thick one with me as well.
Just take the sheet/s off, pop them on the bath/shower ( this indicates fluids on them, wee and sick and worse!) Eww, haha! Bin bag for your own wet under protector. Or, you could use the single use ones, depending on expected volume, so to speak. I was mortified at first, but, from experience it's not so bad after all. Hope this makes sense and maybe knocks one anxiety inducing problem off your list.
Hi @Bevvywevvy , thankyou for your response. We have stayed in this type of accommodation multiple times before but never looked at the mattress. Never needed to before ! OH usually gets up for the toilet, he wears pull-ups as there have been occasional accidents .it's my fear that in an unusual bed that he'll be confused. I find your reply reassuring. I have a Kylie sheet I can take.