Very irritated.....

mary2000

Mar 24, 2016
West Sussex
Hubby is still awaiting a diagnosis. He was seen by the memory assessment nurse five weeks ago and i have rang the CT scan department and they said there is at least a six week wait for a scan and then there will be a wait for his appointment with the consultant so it seems to be a long process. However, that wasn't my reason for posting.

We seem to have had a situation (or several if I am truthful) lately and I wondered if it was 'normal' and that you could relate to it. Hubby is obviously very irritated by his lack of short term memory. He gets very frustrated and irritated with it. I do my level best to be patient and understanding and to be honest I do understand and try my best to find ways round things etc.

Anyway, what he does is that he sits there getting irritated and as he is irritated he thinks I am irritated. Once he has thought something as far as he is concerned it is reality so then out of nowhere he will get extremely cross with me for being irritated! I try to be rational about it but hard when someone is having a go and trying to put words in your mouth. He also tends to do it late in the evening so it then plays on my mind and I struggle to sleep.

I am sorry for going on but knew that you would probably understand what I am going on about. Is there any way of dealing with this or is it just something I have to grow a strong backbone for and put up my big girl pants and get on with it.

Thanks for letting me ramble on

Mary x