Verbal Abuse

SarahL

Dec 1, 2012
I just wonder if anyone has any advice on how to deal with the verbal abuse that comes with Alz. It has been going on for years, but worse for the past two years. After horrible name calling and threats to me over the summer my Mum this week left 47 messages on one day, saying I only buy her 'cheap muck', that I am 'a cheapskate', 'a taker' and 'an old dog who will sleep with anyone'. It almost sounds comical writing it, but it hurts.

Like all of us on here, all experiences and relationships are individual, but my mother left me when I was 8 and has been a selfish lady all her life. My sisters do nothing and I am left to deal with it. I don't know whether I'm a fool in all of this but I cannot leave her to be vulnerable.

Does anyone know how to cut emotional ties so that the abuse side of things does not hurt so much. She has also said I need a custodial sentence for thieving but, conversely, the neighbours and my sisters who do nothing are 'angels sent from heaven'. The very same neighbours have taken against me based on what Mum has told them about me, but that was in a previous thread I wrote on here. :(

It's all so unjust. Depression is building again.

Love and peace.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I just wonder if anyone has any advice on how to deal with the verbal abuse that comes with Alz. It has been going on for years, but worse for the past two years. After horrible name calling and threats to me over the summer my Mum this week left 47 messages on one day, saying I only buy her 'cheap muck', that I am 'a cheapskate', 'a taker' and 'an old dog who will sleep with anyone'. It almost sounds comical writing it, but it hurts.

Like all of us on here, all experiences and relationships are individual, but my mother left me when I was 8 and has been a selfish lady all her life. My sisters do nothing and I am left to deal with it. I don't know whether I'm a fool in all of this but I cannot leave her to be vulnerable.

Does anyone know how to cut emotional ties so that the abuse side of things does not hurt so much. She has also said I need a custodial sentence for thieving but, conversely, the neighbours and my sisters who do nothing are 'angels sent from heaven'. The very same neighbours have taken against me based on what Mum has told them about me, but that was in a previous thread I wrote on here. :(

It's all so unjust. Depression is building again.

Love and peace.

Sarah it really is time to walk away to save yourself. Inform social services you are doing this. You owe your mother nothing at all!

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Think it might be time for you to step away and become 'an angel from heaven' If your sisters will not step in, then contact social services. This is the hardest thing we have to do, my mum lives with me and I worry about her all the time, never seem to have enough hours in the day. Its got to be worse for carers living in their own homes, the worry alone must be dreadful.

SarahL

Dec 1, 2012
Sarah it really is time to walk away to save yourself. Inform social services you are doing this. You owe your mother nothing at all!

Thank you Marion for your message. It is almost like I need approval from others to pull away now. The insults are horribly sinister at times and they are only directed at me which makes me wonder how this disease really works, as she doesn't say things to others. I appreciate your support.