Using wrong words and forgetting things

sparky023

May 16, 2010
Hull, East Yorkshire
I am 34yrs old and generally healthy.
Over the past year, it's become apparent that my memory isnt what it used to be, i.e. I completely forgot who if anyone had had Xmas lunch at our house the previous year and infant I was adamant my inlaws had not stayed - I have been proved wrong but still don't have a good memory of this event. Around about the same time I couldn't for the life of me remember peoples names. It drove me batty and scared me at first. But I put it all down to stress.
But increasingly I'm
Getting dafter and forgetting allsorts - just today I was talking to someone and couldn't remember the name of the school I've just finished working at - I'd been there 9 months!
I popped into a local shop and used a self service till. Apparently didn't pack a big bag of frozen chips but didn't realise until teatime. But even then I couldn't remember whether I'd brought them home or not so searched cupboards and the fridge incase I'd stored them away somewhere other than the freezer!
It's becoming more regular that I'm completely forgetting words to use in sentences or I know which word I want to say but then I can remember how to pronounce it!
In the past few days I am also starting to use wrong words mid sentence and my kids are picking me up on it!
Any ideas?

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
Hi and welcome.

You must be so worried. You have come onto the Alzheimers forum, so I presume you are worried that you have early onset dementia. It is not impossible, but it could also be one of many other things, including stress, depression, and various other brain conditions.

The important thing is that you get yourself off to your GP as soon as possible, possibly taking a family member with you. Write down all the things that are happening to you and take it with you - we all tend to go blank in a doctors surgergy.

There are lots of drugs and treatments out there that can help all these conditions, including Alzheimers, so the sooner you get yourself diagnosed and get going with a treatment the better.

Be brave and take care

Sue (((hug)))

sparky023

May 16, 2010
Hull, East Yorkshire
Thanks Sue
My mum has Picks Disease - aka Frontal Lobe Dementia - her symptoms started roughly at the age of 52. But she doesn't have memory problems as yet. Her mother had same we believe and my other Grandma had dementia of the memory type but not until she was in get 70s.
I agree this could be stress but I am worried. Will see a GP asap
X

rosaliesal

Nov 15, 2009
Do not worry about the future...action replay is depressing

You may be right. Try not to worry for the rest of her years because it may be many many years before it becomes serious. Enjoy your life together, make happy memories when ever you can then you can look back eventually and say we all had a good life.:)