"Unexpected death"

Chapbarn

Jan 13, 2021
My husband died on the 12th April at home. After 7+ diagnosed and few add on years when he was misdiagnosed with depression whilst he was telling them he was forgetting , WORKING AGE ALZHEIMER'S was his nemesis and also mine.
Now bureaucracy is my nemesis, as people with Alzheimer's that die at home after been loving cared for through all the traumas Alzheimer's and the slowly decaying brain can bring, their death is classed as "unexpected". The paramedic comes completed the paperwork and says that the circumstances mean the police and coroner have to be informed. The police say everything seems OK so no further action is needed. 14 days later after numerous visits to the GP's surgery a helpful receptionist tells me that when he partner died she phoned the coroner's office and that helped move things. I rang, I have my husband's details, she looked on her system, he wasn't on it but then I learnt something, a new system had gone live this month "Medical Examiners".
Readers look it up on the NHS website, it looks wonderful, the bereaved will be helped. Well personally I just want a medical certificate of death.
Take this as a warning not all NHS staff know about this, as you like me will be waiting, taking it as correct what has been said.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
My husband died on the 12th April at home. After 7+ diagnosed and few add on years when he was misdiagnosed with depression whilst he was telling them he was forgetting , WORKING AGE ALZHEIMER'S was his nemesis and also mine.
Now bureaucracy is my nemesis, as people with Alzheimer's that die at home after been loving cared for through all the traumas Alzheimer's and the slowly decaying brain can bring, their death is classed as "unexpected". The paramedic comes completed the paperwork and says that the circumstances mean the police and coroner have to be informed. The police say everything seems OK so no further action is needed. 14 days later after numerous visits to the GP's surgery a helpful receptionist tells me that when he partner died she phoned the coroner's office and that helped move things. I rang, I have my husband's details, she looked on her system, he wasn't on it but then I learnt something, a new system had gone live this month "Medical Examiners".
Readers look it up on the NHS website, it looks wonderful, the bereaved will be helped. Well personally I just want a medical certificate of death.
Take this as a warning not all NHS staff know about this, as you like me will be waiting, taking it as correct what has been said.
Thank you for this post.
I received the advice to phone the local coroner ASAP which I did.
Is is so useful to have my expectations lowered on when I will hear back.
I can’t find the web site you mention, but like you I would prefer a certificate!
I hope you receive one soon.
please post again with how long it took as it is very helpful for others.