Trying to deal with overwhelming feeling of sadness

Lilibet4

Jun 2, 2022
I am struggling with my feelings of guilt and sadness after having to put my Mum into a care home after she contracted Covid19. She lost a lot of her hearing, sight and mobility. She has been in the home for about a year now but has now had a recent diagnosis of mild to moderate dementia.
I had struggled to keep her at home for 6 years after my Dads death and have had such a hard year with selling the family home and finding the care home. I visit her every week and have started to see the decline in her memory and watch her struggle to make sense of things.
I have suddenly felt overwhelmed with my feelings and can’t stop crying and don’t know what to do to try and deal with this.
I know she needs to be somewhere with 24/7 care but I am finding it so hard to deal with.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello and welcome @Lilibet4

You are struggling with a double whammy there so it's no wonder that you are struggling.

You have come to the right place for advice and support from people who understand as they have travelled the same bumpy road.

Stick around and ask any questions you may have as there is vast collective knowledge and experience here.

Frank24

Feb 13, 2018
Hi, I’ve been through most of the things and feelings you describe. My mum died on May 16th. It is really difficult and the stress you feel builds. It’s horrible seeing our loved ones this way. A home is the best environment sadly. Try and enjoy the time you have left with her is my only advise and maybe seek some therapy or talk to friends.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMK