Trepidation!

Skylark/2

Aug 22, 2022
The feeling of "fullness" is the diverticular illness - weak intestine muscle walls, that become "pockets" where digested matter gets stuck, rather than passing through. Your OH may describe it as fullness, whereas my OH describes it as feeling sick. The large intestine comes up from the small intestine and passes just under the diaphragm which in turn pushes up to the stomach, and hence sickness feeling. You might also want to look at dietary changes that may help.
(Great conversation just before going to prepare lunch!)
Hope you enjoyed your lunch!
My husband was seen this morning by the g.p and when examined, he has a very large prolapsed haemorrhoid that may be causing his blocked feeling.
we cam away with proctocydal cream and suppositories, laxative sachets and senna tablets to be taken at night, a regimen similar to your OH . As you said, it is try and error but my husband seems much more reassured after chatting to the g.p, who by the way is new to our surgery and is so approachable and had a lot of patience. He wants us to return in a week for a check up.
Thank you all for your support.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
HI @Skylark/2
Firstly, great you got to see GP, second, great GP sympathetic and third, I hope this eases your OH's problem which then eases yours! Hopefully win win!