Tremors

GrannyJan

Mar 1, 2022
Northumberland
My partner (Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia) has recently started to have uncontrollable tremors, this may be in both legs, both arms or left/right side of body. He gets so stressed and frightened. Seeing gp on Monday but just wanted to know if anyone else's LO had experienced this and what did you do to help? Thank you xx

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Welcome @GrannyJan

My mum with VD shakes when she is anxious and frightened. Is this what you are talking about, or are the tremors also when he is not frightened.

For mum she was prescribed an anti depressant - but also did get used to her stressors which are largely around personal care.

Its been horrid to watch tho

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I would get it checked out, phone 111 and see what they say, they run through a checklist and either tell you it's something that happens or you get a priority ambulance.
See what they say, we are all amatures on here, but I'm concerned. K

GrannyJan

Mar 1, 2022
Northumberland
Welcome @GrannyJan

My mum with VD shakes when she is anxious and frightened. Is this what you are talking about, or are the tremors also when he is not frightened.

For mum she was prescribed an anti depressant - but also did get used to her stressors which are largely around personal care.

Its been horrid to watch tho
Definitely when he is anxious or frightened, can't seem to cope with visitors/ grandchildren anymore 😢

SherwoodSue

Jun 18, 2022
When you phone 111 it would be good to know , if you offered your mum ,say a chocolate raisin, on the palm of your hand; when she stretched her hand out to get it , did the tremor reduce or increase at that point?

Is the tremor there when calmly watch TV for example?

Will be helpful for them to advise you.