There is no pleasing me!

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Since my OH went into his care home I find myself missing all those irritating little habits he had which drove me mad at the time! Things like straightening everything up in line with the edges of tables, making sure towels and tea towels and dishcloths are hanging completely straight without an edge showing from behind. The tv magazine had to be folded just so and in line with the edge of the table. He would follow me round the house tidying things up behind me and many times when I was still using them. Now I find myself doing it for him and saying there you are dear!!!! If my son and his daughter could see me they’d kill themselves laughing I suppose it just shows how much I miss him and what a big hole has been left in my life even though I visit him most days.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I have read other posts along these lines.

I haven't had to face that decision with my wife but I'm sure I'd feel the same.

I hope things get easier for you and that you keep posting for support.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
I've realized I get somehow used to things, even those I do not like. Maybe it is one of the tricks our brains use to preserve our mental health and help us to overcome that stress which would otherwise drive us mad.
I find it difficult to get rid of habits, any habit.
My OH , who is still at home, is obsessed with putting things in order ( or what his idea of order is) and I have recently realised I sometimes behave like him.

Fullticket

Apr 19, 2016
Chard, Somerset
Maybe it gives you a bit of comfort? Like he is still with you, annoying habits and all. I guess it will diminish in time, so perhaps just give it time (and try to laugh about it!).

VerityH

Aug 21, 2018
This is how my husband will remember me! Yep, clearing up the crumbs before he's finished buttering his toast! And I've not even got dementia yet (well not diagnosed!!!), though both my parents have so we're just listening to the clock tick for me ...

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amanda2847