The last couple months have gotten worse

lovemygrandma

Jun 17, 2024
Hi my name is Arlene and I'm the primary caretaker of my grandmother Josie. I'm assuming she's in the late stages because she is becoming incontinent doesn't remember things and constantly repeating herself hoards tissue and stuffs into her diaper. We literally go through 6 rolls a day. she finds things around the house and hides them in her walker. She can get very defiant sometimes and hard to deal with like asking to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes and then when we get her to the toilet she said she don't have to go. My grandpa is still alive and i believe keeps her calm for the most part but shes become veey mean and emotionally abuive towards him. He Can no longer walk on his own hea in a wheelchair and tries his best to help her but im afraid to find the both on the ground one of these days. I apologize for the long winded intro. I appreciate your time. It's starting to get very difficult if you have any advice I would appreciate it.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome to the forum @lovemygrandma

Your grandparents’ situation sounds very difficult but familiar. It must be extra hard with your grandad being in a wheelchair. I hope you’re getting all the help you can.

Being mean is quite common and I remember how distressing it can be. I was introduced to the advice in this thread and it helped to keep my dad calm when I managed it. I hope it will help you too.

SherwoodSue

Jun 18, 2022
Hello and welcome. Are you from the USA? I only ask because members may be able to signpost services that help with incontinence but these vary across the globe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thulz