Tap turns on the water, see the water flow

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
A wet start to the day. I persuaded my wife to take off the clothes that she has been wearing day and night for at least 48 hours then went with her to the bathroom to encourage her to have a wash unencumbered by layers of clothing. When she returned to the bedroom I helped her dress in clean clothes. Pleased with myself I then went to take a shower but was stopped short by water pouring under the bathroom door. She had left the washbasin taps running, flooding the floor and soaking the carpet on the landing. Cue mop and bucket, towels and hairdryer.

My fault for putting in the plug I suppose as it seems she now only knows how to ‘wash’ under running water.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Anything involving water means I have to be there 100% of the time. The opportunities for something to go wrong are too huge. Toileting I am outside the door, showering or even just teeth brushing I am right there in the room. Making tea? Forget it. Hasn’t happened in years.

Might be exhausting but cuts down on the catastrophes.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I'm with marionq on that one. What I don't do myself I supervise as it makes life easier, though tedious and tiring.

My wife's skills have just been lost one after another over the past year.

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
A wet start to the day. I persuaded my wife to take off the clothes that she has been wearing day and night for at least 48 hours then went with her to the bathroom to encourage her to have a wash unencumbered by layers of clothing. When she returned to the bedroom I helped her dress in clean clothes. Pleased with myself I then went to take a shower but was stopped short by water pouring under the bathroom door. She had left the washbasin taps running, flooding the floor and soaking the carpet on the landing. Cue mop and bucket, towels and hairdryer.

My fault for putting in the plug I suppose as it seems she now only knows how to ‘wash’ under running water.
I had a similar story this week. He decided to get into the shower himself....we have days when he has been able to do that....some days he needs help especially in the evening, and other days he manages. Anyway, I was not on my guard and the shower curtain was not placed inside the bath. Lesson learned for me...I must never let go of the process and rest on my laurels. Luckily, all it required was mopping , soaking up water with the bath mats and a few towels. Lesson learned. Silly me.

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Not really water related, but same amount of diligence required.....

He decided that he wanted to/could wash up the dishes. I was just sat finishing my drink, when I spied he had put a large dish with left over mash on the hot ceramic hob.

I asked him to take it off as the hob was hot - it indicated that with the light, but, of course, the ring on the hob was not red. I turned around and started to put some stuff away, and when I turned back, the large dish was back on the hot hob.

He seems to have lost the reasoning that the hob can still be hot even if the ring is not red........

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Anything involving water means I have to be there 100% of the time. The opportunities for something to go wrong are too huge. Toileting I am outside the door, showering or even just teeth brushing I am right there in the room. Making tea? Forget it. Hasn’t happened in years.

Might be exhausting but cuts down on the catastrophes.
@marionq This is me also, however it often causes problems because “ You just think I can’t do anything right” he says. It’s the same when he’s about to have a tumble I reach out to help and get pushed away ,result we both sometimes end up on the floor etc ...and sometimes end up laughing about it that is if we both are unhurt.((( and no neither of us drink :D))

A x