Support worker visit

EvieD1976

Jun 26, 2023
Hi there, my mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in May and it’s in the early stages with the memory loss and some confusion, my mum has an appointment with a support worker coming to her and my dads home and the letter said the appointment is for an hour, can anyone tell me what is involved in this first visit? My Dad is a bit worried about how my mum will react as she doesn’t realise or accept that anything is wrong I will be going over there for the visit

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @EvieD1976

We didn’t have a support worker so I’m not sure about what happens. Hopefully someone else will be able to tell you more.

From what I understand a support worker will help guide you through what help is available as well as offering some practical support. This meeting will be as much for your dad’s benefit as your mum’s so have a think about what they both need and take any help offered. If they don’t need it now they probably will soon.

I hope the meeting goes well.

EvieD1976

Jun 26, 2023
Hi @EvieD1976

We didn’t have a support worker so I’m not sure about what happens. Hopefully someone else will be able to tell you more.

From what I understand a support worker will help guide you through what help is available as well as offering some practical support. This meeting will be as much for your dad’s benefit as your mum’s so have a think about what they both need and take any help offered. If they don’t need it now they probably will soon.

I hope the meeting goes well.
Thank you so much

Recent Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatgirl105