Success at sourcing wrist-worn alerts for hard of hearing?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Without my hearing aids to all intents and purposes I am deaf and care for my partner, Pauline, who is not. Pauline will not wear pendants around her neck and alert receivers tend to be static stand alone hardware which are no use to us and so I have tried unsuccessfully for over 2 years to get a manufacturer to help and have failed at every instance. However, last week I sent details of our needs and reasons why to yet another company and have since been bouncing emails back and forth with them and we think we are there! The kit is now on it’s way to me for testing and can be seen on attached video. The receiver will sound up to 20 alerts with vibration and flashing light from one firm press of alarm button. The firm single press is to avoid accidental alerts from knocking against say furniture and although the receiver cannot be submerged it is fine for use in the shower so fingers crossed that this becomes a game changer for me and maybe many others.
I have tried to attach short video but get message that format is not accepted, so have sent screen shot instead.
IMG_1463.png

Last edited:

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I hope that works and they can scale up production as there must be many people like you that have their own needs as well as looking out for the needs of someone with dementia.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
They are comfortable and very effective but, although I left a big sign to ask Pauline to press the red button when having toilet visit in the night she failed to do so and therefore no night testing. However, given it has a range of 100 metres I think they will be useful around house, garden and even supermarket when she goes missing 😆

Attachments

• 20230425_194910.jpeg
    20230425_194910.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 20230425_195827.jpeg
    20230425_195827.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 136

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Glad it is proving useful. I wonder if motion sensors would work in Pauline's band so that if she actually gets up you are alerted without her having to press anything. I'm not very savvy when it comes to how tech works, so not sure if such a thing is possible, but maybe useful to suggest in your feedback to the company.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Glad it is proving useful. I wonder if motion sensors would work in Pauline's band so that if she actually gets up you are alerted without her having to press anything. I'm not very savvy when it comes to how tech works, so not sure if such a thing is possible, but maybe useful to suggest in your feedback to the company.
I’m not sure if the vibration would wake me but for round the house/garden and outdoors/shopping it is excellent and the watch can receive rom a number of transmitters both watches and pendant types.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Just after 3.30am Pauline pressed the button and wow, it certainly woke me up, felt really pleased with myself once my heart rate returned to normal 😆

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
I had the same thought myself.
And it could be used in so may different applications as well.

Imagine being an exhausted night watchman? I would buy one! If you drop off to sleep you would have the added security of the motion pir working on your behalf.
Well done to @Agzy

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I had the same thought myself.
And it could be used in so may different applications as well.

Imagine being an exhausted night watchman? I would buy one! If you drop off to sleep you would have the added security of the motion pir working on your behalf.
Well done to @Agzy
Thank you. I now find it can accept alerts from multiple SOS buttons and if individually named will show the name on screen, hand in care homes etc I would have thought.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amandalf