Stories for Joan

Candy-Jo

Sep 4, 2012
Mum loves listening to me read to her. Because she can only retain sentences at a time she enjoys very short stories of about 10 minutes which contain lots of intonations she can react to such as "oh my goodness here's the bus!" and which can be read with lots of expression.
I have written one story called the bus trip about a lady who has her shopping trolley flattened when a large gentleman falls on it on a bus and mum loves it as it is new to her each time
I wonder if anyone would like to write a short story to add to a book I am thinking of making called Stories for Joan
It is my intention eventually to get the book published with proceeds going to Alzheimer's Society

Jess26

Jan 5, 2011
Kent
What an excellent idea, I wish you luck.

In the meantime may I suggest you check the library for books for older children. This is just the sort of story my 10yr old niece loves. I hope this isn't considered an offensive suggestion. I was just thinking this age range would be easy for your mum to follow.

PeggySmith

Apr 16, 2012
BANES

Candy-Jo

Sep 4, 2012
I think this is a wonderful idea, and wish you the best of luck. I'll get my thinking cap on.

Thank you, am away on holiday soon so will have a go at writing another short story:) will see if can attach them for the forum too

Candy-Jo

Sep 4, 2012
What an excellent idea, I wish you luck.

In the meantime may I suggest you check the library for books for older children. This is just the sort of story my 10yr old niece loves. I hope this isn't considered an offensive suggestion. I was just thinking this age range would be easy for your mum to follow.

that's a good idea thank you will do

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
My Mum was a great storyteller to my three daughters. She always made the characters have the same names as them and interwove cousins and other relatives into the stories with all their foibles and lovable characteristics. Our girls loved this so much that when they were teenage baby sitters they used to tell their charges the same kind of stories. They were very popular babysitters. Maybe your Mum could have some fun with the same idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77