Still no peace for mum.....

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
Mum passed away on Sunday after a fall which led to a brain haemhorrhage...she had been in hospital for almost a month during which time I had to fight to stop life prolonging treatment.

I was informed this morning that the doctor wont sign the death certficate and that mum has been referred to coroners court for inquest and possible post mortem.

The coroners office rang today asking me questions about care in the nursing home and if I had cause for concern....which actually I dont....mum was very difficult to manage but regardless she had first class care.

I am devastated...it just seems like another assault on her when for the first time in eight years she is at peace.
:(

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I'm so sorry to hear you have to deal with this at such a time. Have they given you any idea why they would consider such a thing? If you had no cause for concerns, you certainly would be the person to know.

I hope this resolves itself soon.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I'm so sorry Allylee.

I'm a firm believer that the body is merely a vessel, and that once the person has died, their soul, or essence, or whatever you believe in, has left. Hopefully to somewhere better.

I am sure your mum is at peace, but you are still being denied that peace. I know that the 'authorities' are following the letter of the law, and I understand the reasons, but I hope that you are spared the post mortem and inquest.

alanh

May 18, 2010
Greenock
Sad

It is very sad when this happens and I offer you my sympathy. It is hard enough to get through at this time of loss without this uncertainty. However, this will sort itself out very quickly and is only done to check that care was correctly given. It sounds that you know that this was the case and hopefully this will prove only to be a brief formality. They are at peace now and that can't be taken away.
My condolences.

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Allylee, please accept my sincere condolences.
I am so sorry that you are still having to fight for respect for yourself and your mum, I hope that the formalities are quickly completed and you can find peace too.
Kind regards, Jo

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
The inquest is set for Friday and the matron from the home and I have been asked to attend.

I hope its a formality due to the fall and that I can then go ahead and make plans to lay mum to rest.

Thank you guys xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daphne60