Stairlift grant

patilo33

Oct 12, 2011
Scunthorpe
I'm looking to find help for a stairlift for my mum who suffers from dementia and has very limited mobility.
Not so straightforward though. I have a holiday home on Anglesey which is a godsend. Gives me a break, allows mum to breath the fresh air, listen to the birds and sit outside in the sun. It will also be my home when mum passes away as I now live with my mum In her own home.
After fracturing her neck of femur she cannot manage the stairs and a stairlift is essential to get her to bed and have a good wash in the bathroom.
As its not my main place of residence I am not entitled to a disability grant for my mum.
Can anyone help me to find some financial help in order to instal a stairlift?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Is it not your mum who would be applying for the grant not you? My mum lived with us and it was she who had the assessment for the grant from the Council even though if was our house. She did have a very small element of pension credit (almost just pence) but it entitled her to the grant. I applied on her behalf and she signed. The OT arranged it with us.

patilo33

Oct 12, 2011
Scunthorpe
Not main residence

The issue here is that the house is not mine or my mums main house of residence. Thanks for the suggestion, it made me think differently and might lead to a solution.