Souvenaid

PIXI

Jun 25, 2013
Initial taster

Just to let everyone know, Nutricia, the manufacturers of Souvenaid have a sample line 033357777824. They will send one of each of the two flavours on request.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
That's a good idea to allow a person to try the flavours but you will still end up paying £164 for 2 boxes of each flavour as they are (as yet) unavailable on prescription.

twrist

Dec 12, 2012
Edinburgh, Scotland
Folks, obviously we are all desperate to find treatments and stuff that will work with our relatives with dementia, but I think we need to take this with a tiny wee pinch of salt.

For a start, all the comments posted in this thread talking about the 'proven medical benefits' have only posted once - so they've signed up to the website to sell us this product, basically. The 'sample line' that has just been posted about is an international phone number, so I don't recommend that either!

That said, the stuff in this milkshake does seem to have a positive effect in some medical trials, but the active ingredients are basically just Omega 3 - found in cod liver oil and oily fish, and Choline - found in boiled eggs and Marmite (if you can stomach that!). It isn't a new drug or substance we've never encountered in our daily lives before.

I hate to sound cynical here, but I've had so many disappointments with new 'miracle cures', and meanwhile my mum is just getting worse. We can't let people sell us snake oil just because we are vulnerable.