Social media

Nobo2

May 20, 2023
Hi everyone, my wife has dementia and has been posting rubbish on her phone ! Anyone else having or had this problem which is the best way to deal with it without a big issue raising its head , “deactivate “ so long as she doesn’t find out !

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Nobo2 my experience of social media is that although some content can be good quite a lot of the content is rubbish :( Is what your wife is posting causing issues or offence to others? If not, perhaps let her continue to post but could you maybe try limiting the amount of time she spends on her phone, for example by the phone going 'missing' for a while? There may be a way of blocking access to various sites or deactivating your wife's account but I'm not really techy enough to know how to do this, but others here may be able to help or have other suggestions for you. Hope you manage to find a way to deal with this that won't cause a big issue for you.

Nobo2

May 20, 2023
Thanks louise7, she posts on facebook and instagram to the absolute horror of the grandchildren. She can’t understand that it is an open forum and puts very private comments on. We have tried blocking, and all sorts ad her oldest grandchild is an IT engineer , but meta make ways around it other than deleting her accounts.

Recent Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deirdra