so worried

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
hubby has been at the care home for20 months this home only does dementia no nursing care. but hubby now needs that extra bit of care,so he has to be moved.at the moment hes only 6 miles away,but the new home is 15 miles away [and I dont drive no bus services here]we have as a family worked out some ways of seeing him,but thats not my big worry.He will lose all the things he knows and the carers he,s used to,he gets very worried when things change[like they had the painters in]and things got moved.Im already getting upset and he dont move till the end of the month. but I can just see him wandering round and worried and that makes for the tears.but will put on our brave face and make out every thing is alright. We are going to tell him hes going on holiday lets hope he will settle and we dont have to go through all the upsets like when he first went in,just needed to get tell some one how hard it is thank you for listening

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
That is a great idea to tell him he is going on holiday or has to move for a bit because they are redecorating the home so there is no choice.
What a shame it is such a distance away but it is lovely that the family are supporting you with visits - that will be lovely for you and for him.
He will settle - I think you will be surprised - especially if all around is calm and treating it all as though it is very normal. It might be lovely to go and decorate his room the day before and maybe have a little fun celebration with all the family when he arrives to make it fun rather than scary
Take a deep breath and please look after yourself - this is so stressful for you xxxx Keep posting xxx