Sensitivity?

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya

Hello, just to say i have just read the article you put the link to in the Daily Mail and i am outraged and rightly so. Are thee pepole above feelings??Unbelievable!! Best wishes to you and yours, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Sorry, Norrms – I should have probably put the little warning sign on this one as it will undoubtedly upset and outrage people but thought it worth sharing. I am absolutely with you – that some medics ARE beyond feelings .... very different scenario in my mother’s case but proof they sometimes see things as pure ‘science’, completely devoid of the emotional impact on patients and carers. :mad:

Love, Karen, x

(Should add have come across one or two wonderful consultants too who provided a 'holistic' approach to mum's needs and indeed mine!:))

Clive

Nov 7, 2004
Mum and I took part in a medical research program related to Dementia for three years. I am not sure what I would have said if I had been asked to agree to a tissue donation after death, but I would have been happy to be verbally approached by a member of the Research Team after the project had been running for say two years and it was obvious to the team that I was committed to the project. I definitely would not have liked to receive a letter through the post cold.

What saddened me was that the research program finished just as mum’s mental health got really bad, and I never heard a word about what the research had indicated.

Best wishes

Clive